Close

Welcome from the Head Girl

Hello and welcome to The Royal Masonic School for Girls website and specifically the Sixth Form page. My name is Serena Conn and I am honoured to be Head Girl for this academic year.

Hind House is the hub of Sixth Form life at RMS. It is a friendly and vibrant place that provides the Sixth Form with comfort, support and independence. Hind House is equipped with multiple classrooms and study rooms, as well as a common room for relaxation. This allows us to be separate from the younger girls, reflecting and enabling our growing independence. However, we still feel part of the RMS community attending chapel, whole school and house assemblies and participating fully in house days, focus days and whole school activities. The Sixth Form staff aim for year 12 and year 13 to integrate together. Both year groups share a common room, and have assemblies together. The common room is the social centre of Hind House where students relax and meet up during the school day. Each Form group has members from both years who have subjects in common. This allows the whole Sixth Form to mix, and helps those new into Year 12 to easily get advice from experienced Year 13 students.

RMS aims to support all students in their own unique subject choices, and helps them to succeed beyond school. The staff are friendly and are always keen to help where needed and encourage us to take a challenge. Staff meet with students outside of lessons when necessary to provide support and encourage us to feel confident in our subjects. Each student is encouraged to strive for their personal best and the teachers provide reassuring support.

RMS prepares Sixth Form students for higher education. Lessons are in a seminar or tutorial style similar to university teaching; ideas are discussed in the classroom with our teachers and peers. We are encouraged to do weekly independent study and reading on top of set work to further our knowledge and interest, and set us apart from other candidates in University selection. There is support and guidance in preparation for and during the UCAS process. Mrs Freeman and her team, our form tutors and subject teachers all guide and contribute to us having a successful and smooth transition into higher education.

The Sixth Form not only provides a wide range of academic choices, but it also offers students many extra-curricular activities to enjoy alongside academic studies. There are sports teams, orchestras and upper school drama and musical productions as well as many activity clubs which Sixth Formers attend with other year groups. There are some activities specifically for the Sixth Form; Young Enterprise, the LEAD employability course and Model United Nations; the chance to do an EPQ, critical thinking and volunteering; and the opportunity to take up leadership roles within the RMS community by becoming a prefect or subject ambassador.

The Sixth form at RMS offers a wide range of opportunities and prepares every student for their future.  I have learned to study independently, and my interest in my A level subjects has grown vastly.  In addition, I have been able to continue to enjoy being part of the gymnastics team and the Fusion dance group as well as socialising with many friends made at RMS.

Hind House is a great place to spend your last two years at school. Please come and take a look and meet us!

Contact RMS

The Royal Masonic School for Girls

Rickmansworth Park
Rickmansworth
Hertfordshire
WD3 4HF

01923 773168
plan your route
contact us