Close

Volunteering Service

Students in Years 12 and 13 who would like to contribute to the School community by supporting others are asked to complete a questionnaire offering them the following opportunities:

• Supporting with play activities and care in Ruspini House
  • Supporting in lessons in Cadogan House
  • Supporting in PE and/or swimming lessons in Cadogan House
  • Supporting students in the Senior PALS (Pupil Assisted Learning) Department
  • Supporting students with specific subjects in the Senior School
  • Supporting students to improve their organisation

Ideally, volunteers work in this capacity for at least two terms for approximately one hour per week, in their free periods, after school or at lunch times.  The Head of Learning Support matches the Year 12 and 13 girls with those needing support in the Senior School, and the Head of Cadogan House places students according to their preferences within Cadogan House. Similarly, the Head of Ruspini House assists with students within the Pre School.  Any concerns with attendance or level of commitment are reported back to the Internal Volunteering Co-ordinator, Mrs Isherwood.

There are also many volunteering opportunities in the community beyond school. RMS girls volunteer in local residential homes and at the Peace Hospice, among many possible placements.

All Year 12 Health and Social Care students provide support within Cadogan House, as the experience gained is relevant to their course.

Students who are part of the Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme can also assist in School as part of their Service requirements. 

Contact RMS

The Royal Masonic School for Girls

Rickmansworth Park
Rickmansworth
Hertfordshire
WD3 4HF

01923 773168
plan your route
contact us