Close

International Admissions

In many cases it will be possible for overseas students to take the entrance examinations in their current school, at the offices of an approved agent or in a designated examination centre, such as the British Council.

Girls who have English as a second language will also sit an English Language Test which may include an oral interview; this may be conducted using Skype, if feasible. Sixth Form applicants will be expected to achieve Academic IELTS Band 6 or above or an equivalent English qualification** and will require proof of attendance at an intensive language course, prior to entry, if this is a condition of acceptance.

Overseas Sixth Form candidates will also be assessed in the subjects they wish to take to A Level. Language support lessons are offered in School at additional cost.

If a request is made for entrance papers to be sent by courier, the full cost of using a courier service will be charged to parents.

** This includes:

• Cambridge First Certificate, grade B
  • IGCSE First Language, grade C
  • IGCSE Second Language, grade B

Please note that any students wishing to apply for further study in the UK will be subject to the individual entry requirements specified by the university and are advised to make their own enquiries to ensure that they have met the matriculation requirements.  In most cases the minimum requirement is Academic IELTS Band 6.5

From 2016, we will be using UKiset  as our preferred method of testing for admission to RMS, allowing us to make an offer of a place based on a detailed profile of each candidate.  This method of testing will have clear benefits for all concerned; the candidate, the agent and RMS.

UKiset  assesses  the pupils’ academic potential and English language skills, and compares them to British students of the same age.  This is done by measuring four skills:

• Non-Verbal Reasoning – solving problems using pictures, diagrams and patterns
  • Verbal Reasoning – working with words and language
  • Mathematics – working with numbers, values and sequences
  • English skills – grammar, vocabulary, reading, comprehension, listening and creative writing

The test takes approximately 2 hours and is mainly completed online.  The results are available after 2 working days.

For girls applying to Year 5, the UKiset test will be used when possible to identify the most suitable candidates for our School.  In the event of multiple applicants for a limited number of places, we will use the results as a pre-assessment and only invite those who will thrive at RMS to register.

When possible, girls applying to Year 12 will take the test as an initial assessment and the successful candidates will then be asked to take subject specific exams.

UKiset is run by Gabbitas , who are global experts in British Independent Education.  For further information please visit their website: www.ukiset.com

Guardians

Once a place is accepted, any students whose parents either live abroad or spend long periods of time outside the UK must appoint an official guardian resident in this country for their daughter, who will take full responsibility for her if they are not available. The guardians must be prepared to accommodate boarding pupils at exeat weekends and at half terms.

If you require any further information or would like to arrange a visit to the School, please contact:

Mrs G Braiden

Admissions Manager

Contact RMS

The Royal Masonic School for Girls

Rickmansworth Park
Rickmansworth
Hertfordshire
WD3 4HF

01923 773168
plan your route
contact us