Close

The Health Centre

We understand that parents and guardians need to feel reassured about the well-being of their daughter/ward.  Our Health Centre staff are approachable, open and represent a significant resource in the School's pastoral system; students are encouraged to seek advice and support from our experienced nursing team when needed.

The Nursing Team

The nursing team deliver first aid and emotional support for ll RMS pupils if injured or unwell during the school day, as well as providing individual health care for boarding pupils. The two registered nurses are assisted by two nursing assistants who are on duty daily between 7.30am and 4.30pm Monday to Friday and on call for the boarding pupils at all other times during the School term.

If a student is unwell, she mat attend the Health Centre where the duty nurse will identify the required care and support, and, if necessary, contact her parents/guardians to arrange transfer home.

Parents and Guardians are actively encouraged to contact the nursing team if they are concerned about their daughter/ward's wellbeing.  It is particularly helpful for the nursing team to be aware of any medical or emotional issues that may have arisen prior to a student starting at RMS. The Duty Nurse can easily be contacted via the Health Centre email address medical@royalmasonic.hert.sch.uk 

Pupils with medical conditions are actively supported in managing their symptoms. We encourage students where possible, to remain in School in order to achieve to the best of their ability. The Health Centre offers a supervised, quiet area and comfortable rooms in which to rest, recover and return to school activities

Boarding Students

In order to provide a team approach to boarding students' health and wellbeing, the nursing team have daily communication and regular meetings with Boarding staff and other members of the School's pastoral team.

All full and weekly boarders will be registered with two local female NHS doctors at the Colne House practice. In order to familiarise the student with the nursing team and doctor, the registration process will include a routine medical appointment.  Boarders' health needs are managed with great care; effective communication with parents,guardians and overseas agents is a priority for us.  If requested, dental and ophthalmic checks can be arranged through the Health Centre. 

Find out more about our experienced medical team below.

Michele Burrows, Senior Nurse

Nurse Burrows has been our School Nurse since 1997 and Senior Nurse since 2008.  She trained at Mount Vernon and Harefield Hospital School, where her specialist areas were burns, plastic surgery and ear nose and throat surgery.

Lisa Sachse, Nursing Assistant

Lisa has been at RMS since 2004 and nursing assistant since 2012.  Her specific areas of responsibility are our dental and orthodontic provision.

Karen Bruce, Nursing Assistant

Karen joined RMS in 2014 having previously worked as a Dental Nurse at a large local practice.  Karen is responsible for the School's first aid supplies, emergency medication and care plans for pupils with medical conditions.

The Royal Masonic School really does live up to its prospectus and its promises. My husband and I acknowledge that credit is due to our daughter for her academic achievements, but equally, it is our considered opinion that her successful bid to study Law at Oxford University was facilitated by the ethos of the School and the dedication of its Staff Parents of a pupil who joined in Year 12

Contact RMS

The Royal Masonic School for Girls

Rickmansworth Park
Rickmansworth
Hertfordshire
WD3 4HF

01923 773168
plan your route
contact us