Close

Current Vacancies

The Royal Masonic School for Girls, in Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire, is an inspiring, rewarding and beautiful place to work.

Staff benefit from an exceptional physical environment, and a supportive ethos where career progression and development is actively encouraged.  

When applying for a vacancy at RMS, it is the responsibility of all candidates to familiarise themselves with the following documents:

For further information about academic achievement at RMS, please read the 

CURRENT VACANCIES

Academic

• Head of Music at Cadogan House

Support

• Cadogan House Administrative Assistant
  • Ruspini House Early Years Leader
  • Assistant Caretaker

HEAD OF MUSIC AT CADOGAN HOUSE - REQUIRED SEPTEMBER 2017 OR JANUARY 2018

HEAD OF MUSIC AT CADOGAN HOUSE

PRE-PREPARATORY & PREPARATORY DEPARTMENT

FULL TIME or PART TIME

Required for September 2017 or January 2018 start

Music is a thriving and important subject both within and outside the curriculum at The Royal Masonic School for Girls. We are seeking a Full Time or Part Time Teacher of Music to join our outstanding team in Cadogan House.

We are looking for a highly motivated candidate who can inspire students within the classroom and who is also a strong leader of both vocal and instrumental ensembles. The successful candidate can expect to lead class music and singing across the full range of ages and abilities in our Preparatory Department, Cadogan House.

RMS is an independent, day and boarding school with a supportive and nurturing ethos. The School provides an exceptionally favourable working environment, with keen students and stunning surroundings. Further information can also be found in the Information Pack and Job Description. 

Potential candidates are strongly encouraged to explore this website for more information about our thriving school, with its excellent value added results and inclusive community spirit that encourages both girls and staff to work to their potential and beyond.

We welcome a letter of application and a completed application form which can be downloaded here. Completed applications only and any enquiries should be addressed to Miss Tyler Lawton on 01923 725762 or hrrecruitment@royalmasonic.herts.sch.uk. Please note CVs are not accepted.

Closing date for applications: Thursday 1st June 2017 at 9.00am

The Royal Masonic School for Girls is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be asked to apply for enhanced disclosure.

The Royal Masonic School for Girls is an equal opportunities employer.

The Royal Masonic School for Girls is a Private Limited Company, Registered No 1339867 England, Registered Charity No 276784

CADOGAN HOUSE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - REQUIRED JUNE 2017

ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT – CADOGAN HOUSE

PART TIME

Required June 2017 or as soon as possible thereafter

Applications are invited for the post of Part Time Administration Assistant at Cadogan House (the Pre-Preparatory and Preparatory Department) for 20 hours a week during term-time only.

The shift pattern is likely to be 7.45-11.45am, Monday to Friday and is effective from June 2017 or September 2017. The Administration Assistant will have day to day office administration functions and specified roles with children including looking after medication and First Aid.

Further information regarding the role can be found in the Job Description.

RMS is a leading independent girls’ day/boarding School with 900+ pupils aged 3 to 18 and over 240 teaching and support staff, situated on a 150-acre parkland site near Rickmansworth in Hertfordshire.

RMS is an independent, day and boarding school with a supportive and nurturing ethos. The School provides an exceptionally favourable working environment, with keen students and stunning surroundings.

Potential candidates are strongly encouraged to explore this website for more information about our thriving school, with its excellent value added results and inclusive community spirit that encourages both girls and staff to work to their potential and beyond.

Closing date for applications: Thursday 25th May at 9.00am

Ruspini House Early Years Leader - Required August 2017

Early Years Leader (Full Time)

Required for August 2017

NVQ Level 3 Required

Good knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage

Excellent interpersonal skills

A proactive nature with genuine enthusiasm for childcare education

Good support skills

Applications are invited for the post of a full time Early Years Leader. We are a small, friendly, caring community within the larger Royal Masonic School family, guided by the same inclusive and nurturing ethos and committed to offering the highest quality education for all children.

Our aim at Ruspini House is to provide a stimulating, happy and positive environment where all children are encouraged to reach their full potential through a healthy balance of learning and play. Each day is rich in opportunities which encourage independence and spontaneous learning. We follow the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum, with a focus on each child’s individual needs and talents to allow him/her to develop at his/her own pace to be well prepared for his/her entry into their first school.

Our highly qualified staff offer each child exemplary care and exciting learning opportunities through which they are extended while having lots of fun. We offer Enrichment Activities such as Spanish, ICT, Ball Skills, and Music to complement the children’s learning.

The hours for the role are Monday to Friday, 8 hours per day on a rota basis between 8.00am until 6.00pm, 52 weeks per annum.

We hope you will want to be part of this dedicated team!

You will also benefit from;

• Staff Pension Scheme
  • 6 weeks holiday,  plus bank holidays (2 weeks to be taken during close down period)
  • Free lunches when the School’s catering facilities are open (term time only)
  • Preferential rate of membership with onsite Nuffield Health Gym
  • Parental staff fee remission subject to terms and conditions of policy

Potential candidates are strongly encouraged to explore this website for more information about our thriving school, with an exceptionally rich curriculum and inclusive community spirit.

Further information regarding the role can be found in the Job Description.

We welcome a letter of application and a completed application form which can be downloaded here.Completed applications only and any enquiries should be addressed to Miss Tyler Lawton on 01923 725762 or hrrecruitment@royalmasonic.herts.sch.uk. Please note CVs are not accepted.

Applications would be welcome as promptly as possible

Closing date for applications Thursday 25th May 2017 at 9.00am

The Royal Masonic School for Girls is a Private Limited Company, Registered No 1339867 England, Registered Charity No 276784

Assistant Caretaker - Required July 2017

ASSISTANT CARETAKER

Required for July 2017 or Earlier 

We are seeking to appoint a full time Assistant Caretaker. The role will involve undertaking caretaking duties, as well as performing site security in line with the duty roster which on occasions requires weekend cover. In addition, the holder of the role will be required to be on call 1 weekend in 3, as part of the responsibilities both to our boarders and to external visitors.

The post holder will work for 40 hours per week through-out the year, 08:00 – 17:00 although flexibility will be required, with 30 days holiday per annum, pro rata.

Potential candidates are strongly encouraged to explore this website for more information about our thriving school, distinguished by an inclusive community spirit that encourages both girls and staff to work to their potential and beyond.

We welcome a letter of application and a completed application form which can be downloaded here.Completed applications only and any enquiries should be addressed to Miss Tyler Lawton on 01923 725762 or hrrecruitment@royalmasonic.herts.sch.uk. Please note CVs are not accepted.

Closing date for applications: Friday 2nd June 2017 by 9am

RMS is a fabulous school and I believe offers a great start in life for its girls Parent

Contact RMS

The Royal Masonic School for Girls

Rickmansworth Park
Rickmansworth
Hertfordshire
WD3 4HF

01923 773168
plan your route
contact us